Once again, Mercedes/Berk ranks among the top boutique real estate firms as the number five firm on The Real Deal’s 2013 list.
Mercedes/Berk jumped to No. 5 in the rankings this year, up from No. 10 last year, with its listing volume increasing to $38.2 million year-over-year from $17.7 million, TRD’s data shows.
While the firm keeps a relatively low profile, it’s known for its high-end listings in buildings such as 15 Central Park West. Firm principal Noel Berk attributed the company’s success this year in part to its strong ties to international buyers.
“We have remained small in size, but the total volume of our deals is increasing tremendously because of the fact that we have a huge global reach of clients,” Berk explained.
She added that the firm has worked as the buyer’s broker in sought-after developments, such as 432 Park Avenue.
“It’s been a good year [for] selling new [construction] product,” Berk said. “We find our clients are seeking new apartments that will become available in two or three years. By the time these apartments [are ready], the return on their deposit is going to be very significant.”
Berk said she only anticipates the market getting busier as more international clients seek out high-end real estate in Manhattan. Of course, that depends on whether the supply of Manhattan residential properties gets boosted. – The Real Deal
We have remained true to self in the representation of quality over quantity. Noel Berk and Liz Omedes bring 30 years of experience, knowledge, and expert negotiation skills to the table in their representation of buyers and sellers.
Choosing a Broker
When choosing a broker to represent you in your search for a residence in Manhattan, you are selecting someone to work for you in your best interests. You wouldn’t choose a doctor out of a hat, so why would you choose a broker that way?
You wouldn’t. But how does your broker work for you?
We have over 30 years of experience in selling the most luxurious apartments Manhattan has to offer. We have a reputation in the industry as the experts in this sales niche and are called by all brokers for this kind of property for their customers. Our firm of two principals and eight brokers has deep experience representing owners, prospective owners, and lessees of high-end New York City apartments and townhouses. Mercedes/Berk acts as an exclusive agent for the sale of cooperative and condominium apartments, commercial properties, townhouses, and investment properties in Manhattan.
- As a buyer’s agent, we have the unique ability to identify exceptional, rarely listed properties.
- We always ensure the personal and professional representation of our clients
- Our agents work in dedicated teams on each assignment, ensuring every client receives the full attention they deserve
- Each agent is an expert in a local high-end market
- Mercedes/Berk embraces an aggressive, hands-on approach in marketing each exclusive.
- Advertising media are carefully selected to be appropriate for each property we market, while simultaneously fulfilling specific requests of our clients.
- In-house marketing team
- Targeted database of 73,000 carefully chosen individuals
- Experts in analyzing offers and negotiating contract terms
- Proven track record of accomplishments
- Team approach that brings an “around-the-clock” vigilance to all aspects of marketing and attention each property needs.
Five Star Brokerage Services
We offer comprehensive brokerage services from the moment we meet with property owners through closing, and until the new owner is settled.
- Access to interior designers, architects, contractors and legal experts
- Develop sales transaction terms
- Identify potential buyers
- Negotiate offers
- Review contract and assist legal team until closing
- Post-closing follow up
- Worthy recommendations
SOURCE (The Real Deal)